As we age, skin care becomes more important than ever if you want to have healthy looking skin. Not only our diets and hydration are important, but it is equally important to protect our aging skin from the sun and free radicals in the air.
After cleansing the skin daily and before moisturizer, it is important to use a serum which is thinner than a traditional moisturizer and penetrates deeper into the skin.
Whatever concern you have for your skin, whether it be dullness, tightening, brightening, or dryness, I have found that there is a serum out there for everyone. Let’s take a look at the top 10 anti aging serums for 2020. ( Links lead to Amazon)
TaTa Harper – This highly concentrated rejuvenating serum helps many skin issues. This includes hyaluronic acid, antioxidants, and natural neuropeptides, skin will look plump and hydrated, while also receiving some serious long term smoothing and softening benefits.
Z Luminous Brightening Serum – If you’re like me and have melasma or hyper pigmentation, you need to try this. Blended with a hydrolyzed pearl powder that contains 16 amino acids, proteins that boost moisture levels and refine the skin’s texture, but it’s also complete with silanols that stimulate collagen production and vitamin B3, which reduces the appearance of any discoloration to even your skin tone. That is amazing skin care ingredients.
Liftactiv Serum 10 Supreme – With this serum you get a 2 for 1 deal! Not only does it hydrate, thanks to hylauronic acid, it also contains Rhamnos which is a plant sugar known for its wrinkle reducing and skin tightening benefits that you will see in about 10 days of use.
Natural Botanical Serum
Vitner’s Daughter – This serum contains over 22 natural oils and ingredients and has been a cult classic for years. It includes dandelion and primrose to balance tighten and tone the skin, leaving a fresh bright appearance. It also stimulates cell turnover and boosts elasticity.
Night Recovery Serum
Kiehls Midnight Recovery Concentrate – Most serums are used in the morning after cleansing, but this one is intended to be used at night to recover skin from the day to day pollution and stress on our skin. It also helps improve firmness and has a lovely lavender scent to calm and combat redness.
These were my first 5 top picks, here are 5 more excellent choices for anti aging serums:
- Truth Serum By Ole Henriksen – This simple serum contains Vitamin C which is great for boosting collagen production. It reduces fine lines and wrinkles and overall smooths the skin.
- Protect And Perfect Intense Advanced Serum No7 – This has been around for years and people love it due to its simplicity and low price, so if your looking for a low price serum that works great this is for you it works just as good as its pricer counterparts.
- Smart Custom Repair Serum Clinique – This is a custom serum that is great for all skin issues and all ages. Its lightweight and good for people who may not want to layer products on their skin.
- Resist Intensive Wrinkle Repair Retinol Serum Paulas Choice – This little known product popped up on a list as I was researching. It is lightweight but almost feels like a super hydrating oil but doesn’t leave the skin oily looking. As a serum should, it soaks right up into the skin for a fresh look and feel.
- Retinol 1.0 Skinceuticals – This is a simple retinol night serum to repair the daily damage to our skin. Use at night to rejuvenate the skin.
Caring for our aging skin is important in many ways. If you aren’t using a serum in your skin care routine, you may be missing out on an added benefit to combat many issues. Let me know in the comments if you use a serum or if there are some you know of that I didn’t list. Thanks for reading!