You don’t always have to use makeup and beauty products from a store, if you love all natural I have the perfect guide here to DIY beauty products using natural inexpensive ingredients. From facial scrubs to lip color, we don’t have to spend a ton of cash. No more going to the drug store spending too much money. With low cost simple ingredients. Let’s check out my ultimate guide to diy natural beauty products.
Thyme Pimple Cream
No more spending money on acne products and treatments. Mother nature has us covered. Thyme essential oil, Thyme helps to heal pimples quickly and the pomegranate oil soothes red sensitive skin. This is a pretty easy way to heal acne just use it in your daily skin care regimen.
- 2 Drops of Thyme Essential Oil
- 1 Tsp. Pomegranate Oil
- 2 Tsp. Baking Soda
- Small Clean Jar & Spoon
1. Mix the thyme oil with the pomegranate oil
2. Stir the oil into the baking soda, mix well ( date the jar and label it)
Use twice daily making sure to do a patch test on a small part of skin 24 hours ahead of time. Using a spoon or spatula take out a small amount of the powder and then add a tiny bit of water to form a paste. Apply to the affected area and leave on for 1-3 minutes then rinse.
Hot Oil Hair Mask
Using a hot oil hair mask twice a week will keep your hair soft and shiny and well conditioned, This one is all natural and much cheaper than getting it at a drug store or salon. Our hair and skin can dry out in the colder months so this is a quick and easy way to keep your hair moisturized. Excellent for all hair types. This recipe makes enough for 2 treatments for medium to long hair.
- 2 Tbsp. Almond Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Jojoba Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 2 small bunches of fresh rosemary
- 6 drops peppermint oil ( optional)
1. In a medium saucepan heat a few inches of water on high letting boil, reduce to low heat letting it simmer, place all ingredients in a heat safe bowl placing over the pan of boiling water.
2. Let it heat slowly for about 30 minutes. Check to make sure the water didn’t evaporate and there is enough still in the pan. Remove oil from pan after 30 minutes letting it cool slightly until it is cool enough to handle you want it to still be warm. Add the peppermint oil if you wish.
3. Transfer half of the mixture to a heat proof air tight jar for later use, do not close the lid until completely cool. Put the remaining hot oil in a small bowl and make sure to drape a towel over your shoulders.
Dip your fingertips into the oil and massage into your scalp and down to the ends of your hair. Cover your hair with a shower cap, and add a damp heated towel over it for better results. Leave on for about 30 minutes. Doing this twice a week will keep your hair soft and shiny.
Lemon Tea Tree Scrub
This amazing scrub not only smells great but it also acts as an astringent and tea tree oil helps combat redness and inflammation. You want to exfoliate at least twice a week, not only on your face but your whole body.
- 1 Cup cane sugar
- 1/4 Cup coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- 2 Tsp. Dried rosemary
- 10 Drops lemon essential oil
- 15 drops tea tree oil
1. In a small bowl mix the sugar honey and rosemary well, then add the essential oil mixing those in as well.
2. Put into an air tight jar when storing it. Scrub into your skin and rinse. Use twice a week for soft exfoliated skin.
Many deodorants at the store are very toxic. Using a homemade version will guarantee no toxins and costs less, keeping you smelling fresh and healthy.
- 1/2 Cup arrowroot powder
- 1/2 Cup baking soda
- 20 Drops grapefruit essential oil
- 5 Tbsp. Unrefined organic coconut oil
1. Mix the arrowroot and baking soda together.
2. Add coconut and essential oils mix well.
3. Pour into small airtight container it should last about 3 months. Use a Popsicle stick to remove from container and using your finger apply a small amount to your underarms covering the whole area.
Whipped Shea Butter Lotion
Raw Shea butter is the ultimate moisturizer. It has antioxidants and anti inflammatories to slow down the aging process. It also contains UV protectant caffeic acid, along with vitamins A, E, F, and rich unsaponifiable fats that moisturize without clogging your skin. You can buy raw unrefined Shea butter online through African distributors.
- 3 Oz. Jojoba oil
- 1 Tsp. Vitamin E oil
- 1 Cup Raw Shea Butter
- 5-6 Drops Almond Essential Oil
1. Place Shea butter into a small metal bowl. Place bowl into a pot of hot water, stirring occasionally.
2. When the Shea butter is soft and lumpy, add in the jojoba and vitamin E oils
3. Whip the mixture with an egg beater or electric mixer until fluffy, then put the bowl in fridge for 5 minutes
4. Take out of fridge and let cool about a half hour.
5. Fold in the essential oil and place into a container with a lid. ( Lasts about 6 months)
Homemade Lip Color
With this homemade lip color recipe, you can create any color or scent you want and its actually a lot of fun. You can make this homemade lip color for just pennies. Grab some small plastic or glass containers with lids to store your lipstick.
- 2 Tbsp. Shea butter
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp. Bees Wax
- 10 Drops of any essential oil you want
- 1/2 Tsp. Mica Powder
1. Melt coconut, Shea and bees wax in a double boiler
2. Remove from heat
3. Stir in the mica powder and your choice of essential oils.( Dip end of a spoon in the mixture and let harden a few seconds.)
4. Test the color and scent with your finger and put on the inside of your wrist to make sure you like how it looks on your skin.
5. Use a glass dropper to quickly transfer into the small container
6. Let cool for 1 hour then cap it
Marshmallow Root Hair Detangler
This is the one I need to use the most. My younger daughter has so much thick and curly hair and she doesn’t like using conditioner. She doesn’t like the smell or feel of the detanglers you get at the store so I tried this and it works amazingly.
- 3 Cups Distilled or purified water
- 2 Tsp. Marshmallow root
- 1 Tsp. Horsetail
- 1 Tsp. Oatstraw
- 1 Cup aloe Vera juice
- 10-20 drops of essential oil of your choice
1. Boil water and add marshmallow root then turn down heat and simmer about 20 minutes
2. Take it off the heat and add the remaining herbs, let sit for about 20 minutes
3. Strain through cheesecloth into a plastic spray bottle when cooled
4. Add aloe Vera juice
Now your ready to spray on the hair to detangle
Homemade Eye Makeup Remover
For years I was using Vaseline to remove my eye makeup. Then I found this recipe and its more moisturizer than the Vaseline and I like how it feels on my skin.
- 7 Vitamin E capsules
- 1/2 Cup extra virgin coconut oil
- Lavender essential oil
- Small Container for storage with a lid
1. Melt the coconut oil in the microwave for about 15 seconds
2. Pour the liquid into the container
3. Use a pin to poke holes in the vitamin E capsules and add into the coconut oil
3. Add 5-6 drops of lavender essential oil
When it gets to room temperature it turns into an oil you can use to remove eye makeup and even leave some on around your eyes overnight. Smell amazing and the lavender oil is soothing and relaxing.
Pre Shave Oil
This mixture of essential oils will get your skin ready before shaving by softening the skin and hair. Also, great for men to use before shaving. This is pretty easy with just a few ingredients.
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Almond oil
- 10 drops lavender oil
- 5 drops lemon oil
1. Mix all the ingredients together and pour into a small dark glass container. Keep out of direct sunlight.
Rub a small amount of oil onto your legs or face then leave on for about 2 minutes. Rinse it off before shaving and you will have softer smooth skin.
If you prefer all natural ingredients, these are great recipes you can do at home for pennies. DYI natural beauty products are just as effective as the store brands. Our skin absorbs 60% of what we put on our bodies. That’s a scary thought. When we get rid of toxins our skin will start to respond to the natural ingredients, helping with the signs of anti aging such as redness, wrinkles, fine lines and discoloration. You should start to see a difference within about 3 months. Let me know in the comments if you have used any of these. If you have any comments or questions I would love to hear them. Thanks for reading!
All links lead to Amazon, as an Amazon affiliate I get paid for qualifying purchases