There are many health and beauty benefits in various oils also used for cooking such as coconut and olive oils. Not only are these healthy when used for cooking and food, but they are also amazing for skin and anti aging. For my article on coconut oil, you can click here. Let’s get into the many benefits of olive oil for anti aging.
Health Benefits Of Olive Oil
Olive oil comes from the liquid fat of the olive fruit, olive oil is extracted by pressing the olives and extracting the oil. Olive oil has been used for thousands of years in cooking, health, and beauty. It can be used in frying and cooking foods as well as a salad dressing. There are so many health benefits to olive oil such as :
- Protection from heart disease
- Contains many antioxidants
- Strong anti-inflammatory
- May prevent strokes
- Rich in healthy fats
- May help fight osteoporosis
- May reduce the risk of Alzheimers disease
- May reduce the risk of type-2 diabetes
- May protect against depression
- Found to help skin cancer
Olive Oil For Anti Aging / Beauty Uses
Olive oil can be used in beauty and anti aging as well. Here’s a list of some excellent uses for olive oil:
- Olive oil face mask – 2 Tsp olive oil mixed with one mashed avocado, mix well leave on skin 15 minutes then rinse with cold water.
- Olive oil hair mask – 1 egg yolk mixed with 1 tsp lemon juice, 2 tbsp olive oil, coat hair root to tips, leave on 30 minutes then wash or rinse as usual.
- Shine serum for hair, tame fly aways – Take a few drops of olive oil and add 1 drop of essential oil any scent, sparingly rub on the hair from root to tip to tame frizz.
- All over body moisturizer – Use olive oil plain or mixed with equal part of your favorite essential oil and use all over your body as a moisturizer, let it sink into the skin then get dressed.
- Heal chapped lips – In a small jar with a lid, take equal parts sugar and olive oil mix well. Scrub into your lips and then rinse. After that apply a bit of olive oil onto your lips to keep them smooth.
- Eye makeup remover – Take a bit of olive oil place on a cotton pad, and gently wipe to remove eye makeup. Great for the delicate skin under the eyes as well before applying your moisturizer, use as an eye serum.
- Soothe cracked heals – After soaking your feet in warm water, coat the feet in olive oil, add essential oil of your choice if you like, then put on a pair of old socks and sleep in them. When you wake up your feet will be softer.
- Heal stretch marks – Use on stretch marks, rub olive oil into the affected area massaging for about 5 min, leave on do this once a day or more if you like.
- Shaving cream substitute – In the bath or shower, use olive oil the same way you would use a shave cream for extra soft skin.
- Remove chewing gum stuck in the hair – Apply some olive oil to the gum and the surrounding hair, leave on for about 15 minutes, then loosen the gum from the hair.
- Remove paint from hair – Dab a cotton pad dipped in olive oil and rub the hair strand the paint will be removed.
- Loosen ear wax – Take a dropper with a bit of olive oil in it and place into the ear leave the head tilted so the oil can get into the ear canal. Do this twice a day until the wax is loosened.
I found a few neat ideas for using olive oil around the home:
- Restore the look of rain boots – Rub the rubber or vinyl boots with olive oil to get rid of white marks. Be sure not to get it on the bottoms or you could slip and fall.
- Help your cat – To prevent annoying hair balls, place about 1/4 tsp of olive oil in your cats food.
- Revive stainless steel – Use a rag with olive oil on it to shine your stainless steel silverware, cookware, pots and pans, and candle holders without having to use harsh chemicals.
- Unstick a zipper – Take a cotton swab dipped in olive oil and rub into the zipper where its stuck. This should loosen the zipper.
- Dust wooden furniture – Place some olive oil on a rag, and dust your furniture. It will leave it looking shiny and clean.
- Remove stickers – Apply a small amount of olive oil to a sticker let it sit for a few minutes, it will be super easy to remove.
- Unstick a ring on your finger – If your ring happens to be too tight, just rub a bit of olive oil around it, then it should slide right off.
Olive oil is amazing for our health and many beauty and household uses. The best kind to buy is Extra Virgin Olive Oil, organic. Keep some in the pantry and bathroom in smaller glass jars. I found some containers and olive oil here on Amazon. Have you tried olive oil in beauty or for household use? Are there other ways to use this oil that I haven’t mentioned? I would love to hear your thoughts so please leave them below!
As an Amazon associate I get paid for qualifying purchases.