I wrote a post a few days back about how to prevent age related hair loss. It’s true that most age related hair loss is in men, called male pattern baldness. Some treatments were the same for men as in women. I wanted to go over how to treat male pattern baldness in this article geared toward my male readers or maybe you’re a woman and looking for help for the men in your life. If you check out my previous article, I go over the reasons for hair loss and some preventative measures, this post is strictly how to treat it with over the counter solutions.
Rogaine aka Minoxidil is actually a blood pressure medicine when taken orally. Researchers found that when applied topically, it can treat certain types of baldness in men and women. You can find this over the counter. They aren’t exactly sure how it works but they think it is due to blood vessel dilation in the hair follicles.
The only stipulation here is that it doesn’t cause permanent hair regrowth so you have to keep using it. You have to follow the directions carefully and there are some side effects:
- Fast heartbeat, chest pain
- Unwanted facial hair growth
- Scalp irritation
- Swelling in your feet, hands or rapid weight gain
- Light headed feeling as if you may pass out
- Dizziness confusion
- Flushing ( warm tingly feeling )
Before using Minoxidil I would speak to your doctor, there are too many potential side effects that sound dangerous. Also, stop using if you have an allergic reaction such as rash or redness to the scalp or trouble breathing.
Profollica is sold as a hair recovery system for men and you don’t need a prescription. It’s all natural and safe to use with no side effects. It reduces hair loss, and promotes new hair growth. According to the American Hair Loss Association, male pattern baldness accounts for more than 95% of male hair loss.
By age 35 more than 65% of men will be losing their hair and by age 55, roughly 85% of men will have thinning hair. 25% of men with male pattern baldness begin losing their hair by age 21. In my article I previously wrote linked above, I went over the reason many experience hair loss, which is the over production of a hormone called DHT.
Most over the counter hair loss remedies don’t address hair loss from the inside that is caused by the over production of DHT. This is where Profollica is said to be different. It’s doctor approved and is a comprehensive 2 part system:
- Step-1 is a daily supplement – Formulated to fortify the body with a potent formula including enzymes, nutrients, proteins, amino acids and herbal extracts to help control your DHT level naturally without prescription drugs. Also, protects the body from harmful factors such as poor diet, depression, illness and stress which can cause further hair loss. It’s best to try the supplement for at least 30 days to start to see results, 60 days is the recommended time to see full results. There is a 67-day money back guarantee if you haven’t seen results, you can get a full refund.
- Step-2 is an activator gel formulated with Trichogen which in clinical trials was shown to reduce hair loss in 90% of men. It is massaged through damp hair after shampooing. Trichogen is a DHT blocker and conditioning agent.Trichogen is formulated with a potent blend of extracts that work together to block 5-alpha-reductase from binding with free testosterone to form DHT and also offers deep conditioning to your scalp and hair.
The results are actually pretty amazing and it’s safe and all natural. The money back guarantee is great because if you use it for 60 days and don’t see results just return the unused portion and get your money back, no questions asked.
Laser treatments for everything from anti aging skin care, to hair removal and growth are everywhere right now. Laser treatment has been shown to reduce inflammation in the hair follicle that keeps the hair from regrowing. I couldn’t find much research on this but a review in 2016 shows that low level laser therapy ( LLLT ) is effective and safe when used to treat male pattern baldness. Also called cold laser therapy, it irradiates photons into scalp tissues where the photons are absorbed by weaker cells to promote hair growth.You can purchase your own LLLT laser cap for less than $1,000 and you get to use it continually whenever you need. You can get more info here.
Keep Up To Date On Your Physicals
Its important to stay up to date on your physicals. There are many other conditions that can cause hair loss. There may be an underlying condition such as:
- Thyroid disease
- Iron deficiency
- Poor nutrition
- Celiac disease
If you’re experiencing other symptoms besides hair loss, its best to see your doctor as soon as possible to rule out anything serious.
Male pattern baldness can be treated, it takes time to find the best treatment for yourself. Of course there’s also surgical hair transplants, but if you don’t want to do anything invasive, there are other treatments you can try. Make sure to keep a healthy diet and lifestyle and try to cut down on stress. Stress can cause more health issues than just hair loss. If you have any questions or comments on how to treat male pattern baldness, don’t hesitate to leave them down below.
As an affiliate I may get paid for qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you.