A month ago I had this strange itchy rash under both of my eyes. First I thought it was an allergic reaction of some sort so I put cortisone cream on it and that made it so much worse. Then I thought it was maybe eczema or just dry skin. This went on for about a week before I saw the dermatologist.
He diagnosed it as a fungal infection. How did I end up with a fungal infection under both eyes? I figured it out and it was my beauty blender sponge. I started using a new sponge when this first started, but because I didn’t kill the fungus it wasn’t healing. I used an anti fungal cream under both eyes and some home remedies and was fully cured in about 2 weeks. Here’s the list of 10 remedies for fungal skin infection.
Causes Of Fungal Skin Infection
From yeast infections to ringworm, fungal skin infections are quite common. Although uncomfortable they’re very easy to treat. People and pets contract these infections by touching, inhaling, or ingesting certain types of fungi. If the fungi decide to infect your skin or body thy multiply causing itching redness scaling and irritation
. Most of the time these fungal infections are easily treatable but if not treated promptly they can spread from person to person and cause further infection such as bacterial. You can get a fungal infection from another person and fungi live in moist wet conditions.
This is why its important not to share beauty products, towels, or other personal products even if you think someone may not be affected. Mold,mildew , candida, ringworm are just a few. Candida is common to women as yeast infections and men get jock itch.
10 Remedies For Fungal Skin Infection
- “>Topical Ketoconazole.– This is a cream sold over the counter used for fungal skin infections all over the body, including yeast infections. This is also sold over counter as a shampoo to help dandruff and flaky itchy scalp.
- “>Micanozole– A cream used to help treat yeast infections, also sold over the counter.
- “>Terbinafine– This comes as a spray, cream, or gel type to treat fungal skin infections
- “>Clotrimazole – This is a spray or cream sold over the counter used to treat ringworm, jock itch, athletes foot, thrush and many others, this is what I used under my eyes.
- Econazole – This is another cream that also treats ringworm, jock itch, and others.
Oral Fungal Remedies
Some infections may not be cleared using topical remedies. In that case they have a list of oral fungal remedies for those persistent infections.
- Itraconazole – This is an oral capsule that treats fungal skin infections on most of the body a doctor may prescribe this for you.
- Fluconazole – This is a capsule or liquid most commonly used for candida infections.
- Ketoconazole (Oral) – This comes in topical and a stronger oral version used to treat candida and yeasts. These oral remedies are usually given by your health care professional.
Lastly we have injections for severe persistent infections
- Fluconazole – This injection given by your doctor treats severe fungal infections such as in the lungs, throat, and more.
- Amphotericin B – This one is given by and IV by a doctor only for the most severe cases
Most fungal infections are easily cleared up using over the “>counter creams and sprays. Always be sure to talk to your doctor before starting any treatment and at the first sign of a problem. I did not do this and suffered longer than I should have. Protect your skin by keeping your home and body sanitary and never share shower items or towels or even makeup and makeup tools. As always I welcome your comments and questions.
As an Amazon associate I get paid for qualifying purchases